The Safety Thimble is designed to prevent the thimble from getting pulled into the fairlead where most accidents happen in winching,often due to winch “run-on” from electric winches. The winch Safety Thimble is designed with several features to reduce the risks during the inherently dangerous activity of self-recovery with a winch. Unlike hooks and standard steel thimbles, the flat base lands flat on the face of the fairlead to prevent pulling through the fairlead and also prevents damage to rollers and the smooth radii of Hawse Fairleads. The Winch Safety Thimble forces the user to use safer connections than a shackle can afford when performing recovery operations. The Safety Thimble is designed to allow the least number of connections due to the fact that an anchor shackle will fit the thimble either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
The Safety Thimble II is the most commonly used Thimble. Designed for 5/16″ to 3/8″synthetic winch ropes found on most Jeeps, Trucks and other Off Road Vehicles. The Winch Safety Thimble is designed to work with a 3/4″ anchor shackle either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
The Safety Thimble I is a smaller version for 3/16″ to 1/4″ synthetic ropes and are perfect for ATV and side by sides that use the smaller winches. They are designed to be used with a 1/2″ shackle.
Features of the Safety Thimble
- The Safety Thimble is precision machined CNC 6061 Aluminum Heavy Duty Thimble.
- Each Safety Thimble is anodized black with an Electrolytic Two Step Process to help resist fading.
- The diameter and shape of the eye on the Safety Thimble is designed to adhere to minimum radius requirements to achieve rated breaking strength of the synthetic lines.
- The design of the eye has a deep groove that allows protection against abrasion on synthetic winchline.
- The Flat Base design fits securely against the fairlead and will not damage the fairlead. This is important because a scratched fairlead causes abrasion on synthetic ropes that can cause them to break.
- Made in the USA! The Safety Thimble is 100% designed, manufactured, packaged and shipped in the USA.
NOTE: Safety Thimbles are designed to be used with shackles for rigging. Hooks can not be used.
There are no reviews yet.